Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Workshop Anyone?

Thank you for inquiring about the spring, Barb. I thought I would start a new thread so that my schedule would be "Right there" when others log onto the site.

For those wishing to do a day long workshop this spring, I will be able to schedule something starting during our spring break week.

Specifically, the bioscience lab (and me) will be free on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays beginning Tuesday, March 13 through Friday May 18.

For high school, I typically do a DNA fingerprinting workshop based on the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). However, if you want to develop something else (i.e. restriction analysis, transformation , protein electrophoresis, cell staining, the possibilities are endless) I will certainly work with you.

I can provide all reagents, equipment, and teaching. All you have to do is get them out of school for a day and to Lakeland. As long as we start at a reasonable time (say 9:00), we should be able to get them out in time to be back before the end of the school day for extracurricular activities. I also have a small grant to provide lunch. But, at $5 or $6 dollars a student, I only have enough for 100 students or so. So, get your reservations in early. Otherwise, the students will have to bring a lunch.

It is first come, first served. If your interested contact me at:

jdeak@lakelandcc.edu

phone- 440-525-7466

See you soon,

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home